Thursday, October 06, 2005





So I've never had a blog before. I know blogs are mostly for angsty teenage girls who want to talk about the mall, but this is much easier than sending out group e-mails, and it benefits you because you won't have to receive group e-mails you don't want. So here goes nothing.



When I arrived in Bratislava, the capital of Slovakia, they put me up in an nice hotel. I sort of made a mess, but I was experiencing culture shock.

Speaking of culture, to understand Slovakian culture you need to understand Slovakia itself. For that, here is a handy link to some great info on Slovakia.


While I was there, I got to meet the other people on the program. They were all very nice, and looked like this:



If you're wondering why we are so dressed up, it is because we were visiting the home of the American Ambassador. Here is some info on him.



We had a very nice meal of little quiches, and the Ambassador gave a speech about current events. Here's a pic:



I got the chance to speak with the Ambassador about ice hockey, which was a lot of fun. He was a True American.

The next day we had the opportunity to check out the city. I put a bunch of pictures here but the thingy ate them. More soon, when my battery isn't dead...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, it seems to be the only blog about Slovakia but that doesn't take away from the fact that it is cool. "Only blog" of course being relative to the amount of energy I took to look (not much).