Thursday, March 16, 2006

Budapest

So I went to Budapest in like November, put these pictures on the site out of order and then never got the time or energy to write about my trip. I don't feel like it now, either, so I'll just write a few words for each photo and that will be that.

I took pictures of Italian people getting their picture taken:



This is the parliament Building. The parliament building is the best:



This is the inner courtyard of the hostel I stayed in. Wow!



This is my bed in the hostel.



This is an example of the Hungarian language, one of the hardest to learn in the world. Nasty!



This is a Canadian guy we hung out with. Can you believe it?



This is a Phil Collins poster. Do you know that A-Ha is one of the biggest bands in this region("Take on Me"), and that they have a greatest hits album with 18 songs? What the dilly?



These are pictures of the heavily guarded American Embassy. You never know when someone might attack the Embassy with paprika, Hungary is a dangerous place. At least it doesn't make us seem paranoid:





Another picture of the parliament. Gyönyörű!



Brown dog:



Hungarian VIP:



Bridge between Buda and Pest:



The town where we crossed the Slovak-Hungarian Border:



The flag of a certain country. You guess:



The parliament building, for the seventh time:



Now I'm exhausted. I'm working on some more local restaurant reviews, as that seems to be the only thing my two regular readers are interested in. And besides, it gives me a good reason to go to the other three places in town.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe you can do a St. Patty's Day in Presov piece tomorrow. You can be (in) the parade.

Anonymous said...

I would, but alas I will be in Vienna, and believe it or not there is no parade. Horse puckey!

Anonymous said...

i would appreciate more dog-related posts.

Anonymous said...

You have more regular readers than you might think... let that be a vague lesson to you.

Anonymous said...

You downplaying the number of regular readers is actually hurtful to your fan club in NYC. Not only that, your statement endangers future funding reliant on attendance data. (The latest from our club newsletter: there's a waiting list for entry into the club, and the dorks at the door are petitioning for a spin-off group called "Give Peas a Chance." Whatever, losers! You can't be what you ain't.)

Anonymous said...

You know what's crazy? That dog understand more Hungarian than I do.

You know what's even crazier? A horse wearing a necktie. Horses don't wear neckties!

Anonymous said...

What about an investigative report post? Ya know, like on Slovakia's thriving industry... of... I dunno, socks maybe? Placemats shaped like stuff?

Remember that scene in Good Morning Vietnam, where Robin Williams is all "Better keep the V.P. on the Q.T. or he might be M.I.A, then we'd all be on K.P."? Some of your posts remind me of that.

M.L. said...

I am touched by the outpouring of support, and will double my efforts. Also, may I suggest as an unnoficial fan club name "Class of 1491- The World is Flat"?