Friday, February 17, 2006

Pictures of Frozen Water

I know there have been some big snowstorms in the U.S. recently, but don't count Slovakia out of the "worst weather in the world" competition. It has been snowing hard here for a solid week, and by my estimation we have received close to 400 inches in the last 15 minutes. I am in a constant state of dampness.

I took these pictures of my snowy neighborhood, and I figured I would dump them on you:























Tonight I am going to buy a sled and some schnapps, and hit the hills in the dark, Lenexa-style. Wish me luck, and luckily there is a hospital across the street.

Slovakia plays the U.S. in hockey on Saturday, you should check it out. I am conflicted. I hope they both win because they are both winners, as are all of you.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I, too, find myself in a constant state of damp-ness, yet I'm unable to fault precipitation as the cause.

Anonymous said...

Damp...hehe......Diarhea, hahahaha.

M.L. said...

No Markus, keep writing comments, otherwise I will quickly lose my motivation to keep writing this crap.

Anonymous said...

Oh man, how unfair from you. I live in Presov for 23 years, and love this town. You should go visit Kosice to see, what does it mean when you say ugly town.
Presov is a town with history. It is much much older than everyone of ugly american cities (for example Detroit). Established before 1249 And shoud you see these girls at disco on friday night... I bet, there are no more beautiful girls/women in whole US and A (fantastic movie Borat) than in Orol disco in Presov on friday. And, the last fact. You did not mention about tremendous progress of this town and its economy. (for example, two luxurious shopping centers are in construction, every one of them costs more than 35 milion US and A dollars) I bet, in 10 years, it's going to be more beautiful than whatever city in US and A.
MarcoSlawone