Friday, January 27, 2006

Le Fromage



I went to France last week, where I ate a lot and got cultured. I discovered Camembert cheese, which is très tasty, and I also found out that the French language is the same as English, except that you don't pronounce the last three letters of words, and speak in a French accent.

Above you can see the new logo of France which depicts Marianne, the "personification of liberty and reason." Interestingly enough, each year the mayors of France vote for a French Woman who is to be the model of Marianne. My personal favorite former winner is Sophie Marceau, who was excellent in Lost & Found with David Spade.

This gave me an idea for our official logo:



I didn't take many pictures, and the ones I did take wern't very good. Here is the cream of the crap:











I think next week I will write about Slovak supermarkets. I may be running out of things to photograph. There are always cats...

No comments: